Sunday 16 October 2016

Mambo Italiano....Milano!

A girl went back to ITALY
Because she missed the scenery
The native dances and the charming songs
But wait a minute, something's wrong
Hey, mambo! Mambo Italiano!
Hey, mambo! Mambo Italiano

I cannot believe that we are already at the end of October...Where has this year gone?? Looking back I can only but smile at the year that has past....The experiences, the countries I have been to and more so the people I have met...From the past, from the daily familiar, family, friends from years gone by and also the new ones I have made this year.

When you have an open heart to everything around you, you see things so much more clearer....You see the things that have no meaning to you as those things shall not benefit you in a positive manner.  You become more patient and more at ease with yourself, you find that you know your self better and are at peace with that.  You also start to notice when others have a lot less patience than you, people who become irritated by the smallest things and kick up about it. In a way that highlights negative energy, use that as a  reminder for you to be grateful that you have patience and peace within you.  Just because something did not go your way, yes you can have a moan to someone about it, but try and do it once, forget about it and move on. Rather than wasting your energy wallowing and feeling sorry for yourself and looking back, channel that energy into something else, something that will give you heart and soul a glow of joy. I think you all know I love nothing more than travelling by now...lol...So you know where I'm at with that!
 It seems these days people also have less of a tolerance for things with higher expectations. I think my latest trip highlighted this more to me.  Yes another destination :p....Allhamdulilah things have a knack of happening for me when I think of something or have an idea....I like to think things only happen for me because I always remember the people who wish me well through their kind words and prayers.  I have a manner of always remembering people and think back to what they had said to me when something good happens.  I call or message them, I think it is always important to always give thanks....I do not think things happen because of 'Luck' I like to think more of someones blessing being answered. A dear friend had said to me that ''No prayer is left unanswered...Be it a yes or a no, you are always given your answer''.

The beauty of having friends and family dotted all over the globe means you can be somewhere unfamiliar, yet with familiar company...A new sense of adventure but with comfort because you have a connection there already.

I have a dear cousin there already who was the most amazing host and just as bonkers as I am....We have the same sense of humour and I think for her also it was nice as we both found comfort in each other.  I had days of laughter and it was so good just to have a change of scenery and escape the familiar.

A heart shaped pizza at Ristorante Pizzeria Rosy e Gabriele :)

Having a Cousin in Milan meant I had my own personal tour guide, I love the idea of being in love with Italy and I have to say I am and always have been.  I had been to Rome a while back and since the my passion for Italy has always been alight.

I had known people who had already been to Milan and said that it was a city with ''Not much going on'' or nothing much to do.  If anything I think there is so much to see and do...I love people watching, I'm easily fascinated by people watching.  Its so easy to grab a little corner in a cafe watching the world go by with a gellato in tow (which I had at least twice a day).


That Rose and Pistachio from Chateau Dufan got me like ......  http://www.chateaudufan.com/index-gelateria.html
I said to my cousin ''Wow all the women here are tall and skinny'' Her reply was ''No not really they are all models that you are seeing''.

Milan is a buzzing city and I had the opportunity to go during Milan Fashion week, there was a buzz in the air, paparazzi all over the place.  The streets became an open air catwalk as hoards of photographers waited for the stylish and famous to strut by to the fashion shows.

One of my best friends was also in Milan for Fashion week and we had arranged to catch up while we where both out there.  That was also so lovely to have someone from home out there and who also knew the city well! Going back to that familiar comfort while being in a new place that I have never been to. It was a nice different to be able to be with my friend while he was busy working, it was an insight into what goes on behind the scenes of fashion week.  As I had been back stage after the fashion show, just being there and soaking up the atmosphere was an eye opener, I am not going to lie, it really did remind me of Zoolander, but in a good way :) Milan Fashion week is definitely different from London Fashion week.  You have to look more the part and make a statement, in London you can rock up as you want. In Milan I would say you have to think twice.


My invite to the Dsquared2 fashion show (hidden my name with those heels and lippy emojis! ;p)


A video posted by Chat noir🐱dans Londres..... (@chat_noir_londres) on



Milan is full of life and a vibrant city that has a mellow Melody that carries you along with it as you wonder though the city streets. I very much saw that on a Saturday night in Corso Como...Walking there we went through the business district of Milan which is called 'Porta Nuova' which means 'New gate' and it reminded me a lot of Dubai when you walk through the Marina, it definitely had that kind of vibe to it.  There is a building in the heart of the city which we nick named ''The Burj Khalifa'' as you can see the tall spire where ever you are in the city. But I loved the buzz the place had in the evening, full of people all dressed up and by all means looking chic though the Piazza Gae Aulenti an area which has fountains, chic shops and restaurants....Not quite the dancing fountains in Dubai...But gave me that strong familiar reminder of it :)
The UniCerdit Tower (my cousin and I nicknamed it The Burj) in the heart of Piazza Gae Aulenti.
Corso Como had an electric feel in the air on a Saturday night, when I first walked through, the layout and buzz reminded me so much of Lincoln Road in Miami. It brought back that feeling of familiarity that I had been here before, the similarities of shops, bars and restaurants and music pumping through the warm air.....And also the fact everyone pretty much wore chic black! Another thing that reminded me of Miami nights out...Again I sat and watched the hoards of merry people walking by, casually having Italian conversations, hand gestures with laughter....It was then that I realised how much I loved Milan.
Corsa Como buzzing!
I'm just going to post more photos I took that really do not need any explanation!!!
Got to pick up a fridge magnet everywhere I go!


I spent most of the time looking up while walking through the streets of Milan. Such beautiful buildings 


The biggest green doors I have ever seen in my life!! At the beautiful Milan Cathedral


The beautiful Milan Cathedral


Inside the beautiful Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II
With Milan being a mix of old and new traditions, I wondered through China Town which is by all means bigger than the China Town we have in London.  It was interesting for me to be there as the Chinese community have a historical presence there.  The Chinese community started there from about 1920 and operated textile and leather workshops.  Being of Mauritian descendant, we have a real mix of Chinese, African, Indian and French cultures.  We also have a large China Town and I felt so connected and comfortable being there, I really felt free and at totally at ease.
Can find some real colourful things in Milan China Town!

I think the more you venture out and discover new places, things and people, your mind and thought process changes.  You start to realise just how big and beautiful the world is and you can start to feel at peace from within...Milan just confirmed my love for Italy and it is somewhere I am definitely going to head back to.....

I'm not going to lie when I took the photo below I did have tears flowing down my cheeks because I was overwhelmed by the beauty of nature and the work of the one above...It hit home how blessed and lucky I am to be able to go places solo and just do my thing....What started as a blog about my disastrous dating life has now become a blog about my journeys and discoveries......Thank you for being with me on this amazing journey :)  


Amazing views of the Italain Alps.









2 comments: